25 March 2021

 Dear Teammembers and friends,

I have sadly to share a message from our Team-Buddies Wolfie and Teal. 


Dear Friends,  
I have been rather quiet through the holidays and the winter. I have had some increasingly annoying health problems that took up a lot of energy. I was sent for a lot of tests in January and February and consultations this month.
I am afraid I have to share some unhappy news. I have been diagnosed with advanced pancreatic cancer, metastasized, and spread to the liver and messing a bit with some other parts. In other words, its a mess in there. It is too far advanced for a cure, but they will treat me to slow it, perhaps stop it for bits, and help me keep comfortable for as long as I can. There is no doom's day prognosis - everyone is different. I begin chemo treatments Thursday. They have already given me some things that have helped greatly with my comfort level. For these alone I am very grateful.
The team here is very good. The cancer center here is the 2nd best in the nation after London of course. I have met them and they are professional and compassionate.
Needless to say this has been a shock for Wolfie and me.... not exactly in the plan 🙂 And it's not every day that you get told you have been bumped up the line for the curtain call. I am actually finding it somewhat interesting, in a spiritual way, thinking about things in a new way in light of this. (Don't recommend it till its time tho 🙂
We are doing pretty well with it all, emotionally and spiritually. Of course there are hard times too. Hardest for me is knowing I am bringing Wolfie and people I care about pain with this knowledge. But I would want to know if it was my friend. with this.
We try to focus on the good things and planning a few trips around. After my first three weeks, we will go over to the beautiful lake district in Western England and chill in the beauty of spring. We are now seeing spring lambs leaping about on our country drives. It helps that we are finally easing out of a 3 month national lockdown and can do some things again.
It all takes a bit of dealing with, which will continue I am sure as things change. So big reality shift. But we are most grateful for being together at last, even with this.
Hope you and your loved ones are doing ok - keep covid safe - and love one another. Grateful for you all -
Teal

 

Not only from me, but from everyone who knows and loves you, all the best wishes on earth for you both.

No comments:

Post a Comment